1. Major Introduction
Science of Law is a social science with legal phenomenon as its research object. Based on the basic features of law science and combing with the preponderant discipline of our university, the law major in our university emphasizes the teaching of systematic legal knowledge, the fostering of legal reasoning and legal practice ability through offering law courses and relevant geosciences courses, thus cultivating applied and multi-disciplinary talents who master law science and familiarize with mining industry.
2. Academic Objectives
The aim of the major is to cultivate applied and multi-disciplinary talents who should be well developed morally, intellectually and physically; master the basic theory of Marxism; have solid theoretical foundation of law science; familiarize with China’s laws and policies; have innovation ability and practice ability; understand the basic knowledge of land and mineral resource development; be qualified to practice law in various units especially in legislative organs, courts, prosecuratorates as well as other legal service institutions.
3. Academic Requirements
The graduates should grasp the following knowledge and skills:
(1) Systematically study and master the basic theory and knowledge of law science, familiarize with the basic knowledge of mineral resources development and utilization.
(2) Master the scientific reasoning and research methods of law science.
(3) Understand the theoretical frontier of law science and the trend of legal system construction.
(4) Master the basic methods of literature search and material queries.
(5) Have the quality of fairness and the spirit of the rule of law.
4. Length of Schooling and Degree
The length of schooling is four years of full-time study. Students will be awarded the Bachelor Degree of Law when they have completed the required minimum credits and have met all other requirements.
5. Core Courses
Specialized Core Courses: Intellectual Property Law, Commercial Law (General Theory), Insurance Law, Commercial Law (Specific Provisions), Economic Law, Labor and Social Security Law, International Economic Law, Environmental and Resources Law, Land Law, Mineral Resources Law.
Practice Courses: Teaching Practice, Professional Practice, Moot Court, Legal Clinic, Graduation Thesis.