1. Major Introduction
Based on the basic principles of Management and emphasizing comprehensive use of relevant knowledge and methods, Business Administration is a systematic study and research on business and management issues of enterprises. We cultivate middle and senior management personnel who are practicing, innovative and possess comprehensive quality and who can pursue management, research and teaching work in industrial and commercial enterprises, government and other non-commercial institutions.
Faced with the background of globalization and international competition, while training students’ basic theory, basic skills and methods, Business Administration continuously improves students’ language skills and international perspective, nourishes students’ practical skills, promotes understanding and grasp of the professional knowledge and direction, develops creativity in students and fosters students’ overall quality and etc.
The major aims to cultivate practical and innovative professional management personnel who can systematically master principles of economics, management, law and other relevant knowledge, are able to do data analysis, problem research, interpersonal communication and self-development. The major is dedicated to promote students’ ability of production management, marketing, financial management, human resource management, strategy management and etc., to make students can undertake practical management and theoretical research work in enterprises and all kinds of organizations.
Students at school should be committed to learning professional knowledge and other relevant knowledge, and not only master the basic business management theories and methods, but also understand knowledge of the domestic and international political, economic, law, technological and other fields, and possess the capacity of analyzing and solving practical problems in business enterprises. In details,
1) To master basic principle and theory of management and economics, and basic knowledge of business management, and qualitative and quantitative methods in management. And to understand the development and dynamics of management theory.
2) To master professional knowledge of production and operation management, marketing, financial management, human resource management, strategy management; to understand the status of development of business enterprises at home and abroad, and to be familiar with practices and basic rules of international business management;
3) To foster strong interpersonal and communication skills and language skills;
4) To master the basic methods of conducting scientific research, such as basic methods of document retrieval, data query, with scientific research capability and critical thinking skills;
5) To be actively involved in the practice and entrepreneurship activities.
4.Length of Schooling and Degree
The length of schooling is four years of full-time study. Students will be awarded the Bachelor Degree of Management when they have completed the required minimum credits and have met all other requirements.
Core courses of the major includes: Principles of Management, Economics, Accounting, Economic Law, Statistics, Operational Research, Management Information System, Organizational Behavior, Strategic Management, Human Resources Management, Production and Operations Management, Marketing, Financial Management, Logistics, Technology Economics, Enterprise Risk Management and etc.