1. Major Introduction
Based on the basic principles of management and emphasizing comprehensive use of relevant knowledge and methods, business administration is a systematic study and research on business and management issues of enterprises. Faced with the background of globalization and international competition, while training students’ basic theory, basic skills and methods, this program nourish students’ practical skills through increasing practice teaching, and promotes understanding and grasp of the professional knowledge and the direction of development through designing curriculum modules. The students can also associate the knowledge with industrial management of their first majors.
2. Academic Objectives
Training objectives: this major aim to cultivate management personnel who can master economics, management, law and other relevant knowledge, are able to do data analysis, problem research, interpersonal communication and self-development.
Moral education goals: Students should love the country and the people, support the leadership of the Communist Party of China, develop qualities of dedication, plain living, truth seeking, love of labor, law abiding, unity and cooperation and abide by social morality and professional ethics.
3. Academic Requirements
While focusing on the first major learning at school, students should strengthen learning professional knowledge of business administration and other relevant knowledge, and not only master the basic business management theories and methods, but also preliminarily have ability of analyzing and solving business problems of industry to which their first majors belong. Specific requirements include:
(1) Systematically grasp the basic principles of management and economics, as well as the basic theory, knowledge and methods of modern enterprise management; and pay attention to the developing trend and change of management theory.
(2) Master the basic methods of literature search; understand the current situation of enterprisedevelopment at home and abroad, and master basic rules and rites of international business management.
(3) Have strong interpersonal communication skills and language skills.
(4) Actively participate in practice teaching as well as scientific and technological innovation activities.
4. Length of Schooling and Degree
This double major program accompanies the first major program and the length of schooling is three years. Students will be awarded the Bachelor Degree of Management when they have completed the required credits and have met all other requirements.
5. Required Credits
Only after students have completed 41 credits, and have passed the second bachelor degree thesis defense, can they obtain the Bachelor Degree of Management.
(Note: If the students haven’t completed the required credits, but meet the requirements of Minor Program in Business Management, they can obtain a minor diploma of Business Management.)