1. Major Introduction
The undergraduate program in Measurement and Control Technology and Instrumentation is based on technologies of electron and signal processing. It integrates techniques of measurement, automatic control, computer and communication into a body. Its task is to create advanced engineers who hold basic knowledge and application capability on industrial process control, in situ bus, intellectual instrument, detection, and photo-electron, and are capable of undertaking instrument manufacture, environmental monitoring, underground exploration, engineering survey, system state control and operation management in various departments of national economy.
2. Academic Objectives
Graduates of this program should be patriotic, supportive of the leadership of the Communist Party of China, conscientious and meticulous in work, arduous and plain, realistic and pragmatic, labor-loving, lawabiding, united and cooperative. They are supposed to have good personal character, social morality and professional ethics.
Graduates in this specialty should have solid basic knowledge of mathematics and physics, and be skilled in information acquisition and processing, measurements and control of system, design and integration of electric instruments.
3. Academic Requirements
Undergraduates of this program are required to learn basic courses such as electron, physics, mechanics and computer, as well as theory of measurement-control and design methods of instruments. They will be trained with modern measurement-control technology and instrument operation, capable of employing and developing the measurement-control technology and instrument systems.
Graduates of this program are required to:
(1) have solid knowledge on natural science and social science as well as humanity and arts, capable of writing scientific papers using the native language.
(2) master systematically basic professional theories, including electronics, signal processing, measurements and control, and embedded systems.
(3) know well the modern measurement-control technology that combines photo, electron, mechanics and computer and how to conduct experimental research, capable of design and development of the technology, instruments and systems of measurements and control.
(4) be skilled in expression of foreign languages, pass College English Test Band 4 or higher.
(5) have the ability of self-study and consciousness of academic innovation.
(6) know how to search for references and other information.
(7) stay in good condition, physically and psychologically, keeping good habits of regular exercises and personal hygiene.
4. Length of Schooling and Degree
The length of schooling is four years of full-time study. Students will be awarded the Bachelor Degree of Engineering when they have completed the required minimum credits and have met all other requirements.
5. Core Courses
Specialized Core Courses: Digital Signal Processing Using MATLAB, High Frequency Electronic Circuit, Measurement and Instrumentation Principles, Embedded Technology, Measurement and Control Theory, Application and Practice of New MCU, Principles and Applications of Sensors, Optic and Electric Measuring Technology, System-on-Program-Chip, Basis Intelligent Instrument Design, Analog Circuit Design and Practice, Specialty English for Measurement and Control Instrumentation.
Practice Courses: Physics Experiments, Electronic Measurement and Circuit Design, Professional Practice, Circuit Experiments, Analogue Electronics Technique Experiments, Digital Electronics Technique Experiments, Virtual Instrument Practice, Design and Development of Measurement and Control and Instrumentation, Graduation Design (Thesis).